Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween, Samhain, All Hallows Eve...However You Address It...

I love Halloween, just love the fun and excitement surrounding the holiday, the basic meaning of Samhain and the start of a fresh year, Witches New Year's as it's commonly known in the Pagan community, a chance to begin all over again.  I like that aspect of it, enjoy the ability to say, Hey World this is my time to Start Over! And, I am hopeful the next year brings with it some balance and stability - too much has gone wrong for us in the last several months that I am so ready for some stability.

Of course being a Mom also set us up for some Trick or Treating and Pumpkin Carving.  I missed the actual carving aspect of the pumpkins, but have some pics of the final product for everyone.  Let me also say this, I do have two kids, you all have seen my son, he decided early on he wasn't going to go trick or treating so no costume was bought, no bags were taken with us and therefore the standard pics of him in his costume were not taken.  BUT not 10 minutes after we started trick or treating he began to change his mind, got very upset when we told him he had to have a costume on, meltdown ensued, Daddy took him back to the car to cool off, came back about twenty minutes later smiling and happy because Daddy had assembled a makeshift costume using one of his PetsMart shirts and nametag and made him a PetsMart employee! At this point it was pitch dark black and I didn't have my camera with me so no pics were taken of him in that costume, but it was adorable.

For my girl though, she dressed up as a Vampire Princess and we went all out for the jewelry and make-up, enjoy below:



The necklace

The Ring




Trying to get a Pic of the Earrings but Alas that didn't take - but this beauty emerged instead

2 comments:

  1. Excellent blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

    I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything.

    Would you suggest starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for
    a paid option? There are so many options out there that
    I'm completely confused .. Any ideas? Thank you!

    Feel free to surf to my blog post: Lakendra Rader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rakendra - Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you here - it's been EONS since I've actually checked into this blog, that being said I've moved over to Wordpress where I blog regularly about my path to Publishing (http://ncreadergirl.wordpress.com) and Finance (http://financiallessonslearned/wordpress.com).

      What I'd suggest is see about starting a free blog and go from there....wordpress has the largest community by far of regular posters I've see yet.

      Delete